Welcome to Chickasaw County, Iowa
Home :: Engineer :: Forms August 23, 2019


A permit is required from the County Engineer’s Office for any work that is to be performed within secondary road right of way. This includes various tasks such as ditch cleaning, placement of new driveways, driveway extensions, filling in ditches, burning in ditches, etc.

Placement or burying of rocks, broken concrete or any other foreign matter in County ditches or within secondary road right of way is not allowed. Anyone placing such debris will be notified by letter to remove it. Failure to respond to such letter within a timely manner, will provide cause for official notice to remove the debris within 48 hours. After the 48-hour notice, the debris will be removed under the direction of the Engineer’s Office with the costs assessed to the adjacent property owner.

Farm cropping within secondary road right of way is not allowed. Anyone farming within County right of way will be notified to reseed the road right of way within a timely manner. Any future cropping of the road right of way will result in the destruction of that crop.

If any questions, please call the Chickasaw County Engineer’s Office at
(641) 394-2321.

Dusten Rolando, P.E.
Chickasaw County Engineer

The following forms are in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.  The Adobe Acrobat Reader is required, to get the Adobe Acrobat plug-in, click here 

Permit to Work in Right-of-Way (337KB)
Overhead Construction Permit for Utilities (337KB)  
Underground Construction Permit for Utilities (440KB)
Annual Oversize/Overweight Permit (179KB)
Single/Round Trip Permit (167KB)
Raw Milk Transporter's Annual Permit (151KB)

  Engineer Links
  Engineer Home  
  Dust Control  
  Public Notices  
  Contact Info  
   Website designed and maintained by The Schneider Corporation.