In Light of the Covid-19, Absentee Voting for the General Election – November 3, 2020
Chickasaw County Auditor and Commissioner of Elections Joan E. Knoll is encouraging those wishing to vote in the November 3, 2020 General Election to vote absentee by mail due to the ongoing concerns with Coronavirus.
Polling locations will be open on November 3, 2020 from 7:00 AM-9:00 AM
Absentee ballots must be requested in writing. Forms are available on
the Chickasaw County website: https://chickasawcoia.org/auditor-elections/, at the bottom of the page. It is also available on the Secretary of State’s website at https://sos.iowa.gov/elections/electioninfo/absenteeinf.html. Absentee requests may also be obtained by calling the Chickasaw County Auditor’s Office and requesting a form to be sent. The Chickasaw County Auditor’s Office phone number is 641-394-2100 and the hours are 8:30 AM-4:30 PM Monday through Friday. Requests can be submitted now and ballots will be mailed starting Monday, October 5, 2020. Absentee ballots requests to vote by mail must be received in the Auditor’s Office by 5:00 PM. on Saturday, October 24, 2020.
Absentee voting is easy, safe and secure.
- 1. When the vote absentee, the voter can vote at their own
- convenience, and in the comfort of their own home.
- 2. Postage is paid to return the ballot in the mail.
- 3. If the voter prefers, the voter can drop the ballot in the drop box
- located inside of the Sheriff’s Office-front foyer
- 4. The voter/designee can either bring their ballot to the Auditor’s
- Office located on the second floor of the Courthouse.
All returned absentee ballots are secured in a safe location until Election Day for the Absentee Board to count.
If you have any questions, please contact the Auditor’s Office at 641-394-2100.