Welcome to the Chickasaw County Attorney’s Office.
The County Attorney’s Office does:
• Prosecute all violations of state criminal laws and county ordinances.
• Provide legal advice to elected officials and department heads.
• Represent the state, the Department of Human Services and Juvenile Court Services in proceedings involving a child in need of assistance or delinquencies as provided in Iowa Code Section 232.
• Present all mental health commitment and substance abuse commitment proceedings.
The County Attorney in her official capacity does not:
• Give legal advice to or represent private groups or persons.
• File lawsuits for private persons or defend them against lawsuits, including actions for dissolution of marriage.
• Prepare wills, deeds or other legal documents for private individuals.